CPU requirement will vary according to server and client environment, and if transcoding is needed (typically needed for most clients). CPU requirement will be higher than Plex’s requirements because 1080i MPEGTS have higher bitrates.
Estimated (not guaranteed) CPU requirement for single 1080i MPEGTS MPEG2 transcoding:
- Intel Core2 Quad 2.5Ghz or faster.
- Intel Celeron/Pentium Gxxxx 3Ghz or faster.
- Intel i3/i5/i7 Dual Core (1st Generation) 3Ghz of faster.
- Intel i3/i5/i7 Dual Core (Later Generation) Turbo Speed 2.5Ghz or faster.
- AMD Athlon Quad Core 3Ghz or faster.
- AMD AthlonII/Phenom/A6/A8/A10 Quad Core 2.5Ghz or faster.
- Lowering playback quality doesn’t reduce CPU requirement, CPU requirement is input/source dependent, not output dependent.
- Deinterlacing will require additional CPU resources.
- HDTC-2US (H264) transcode=heavy will require additional CPU resources compared to MPEGTS MPEG2