Go to https://github.com/zynine-/HDHRViewerV2.bundle for latest versions/instructions…
This plug-in was originally created for personal usage, to stream from HDHomeRun PRIME to Roku 3. This plug-in allows up to 3 TV streams to be viewed by 3 different clients simultaneously (Restricted by Tuner and available server CPU resources).
Due to Plex limitations with live streams, I wouldn’t recommend buying a HDHomeRun device solely to run with Plex and this plug-in. This plug-in only works with DLNA-enabled HDHomeRun (PRIME, PLUS, DUAL Gen 4).
This plug-in should work on any Plex Media Server OS, and almost any client (Android, iOS, Roku, FireTV, Web Browsers, etc).
- HDHomeRun CONNECT/DUAL (HDHR4-2US)
- HDHomeRun EXTEND/PLUS (HDTC-2US)
- HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC)
- HDHomeRun EXPAND (HDHR3-4DC)
- HDHomeRun DUAL [HDHR3-US/EU/DT]
- HDHomeRun DUAL [HDHR2-US/DT]
- HDHomeRun DUAL [HDHR-US/EU/DT]
Standard Plex requirement for streaming to Plex Home Theater (PHT)
High CPU requirement for transcoding to other clients (Web/Android/Roku/FireTV/etc…). Typical NAS devices may not have capable CPU for transcoding.
Estimated CPU requirement for 1080i MPEGTS transcoding:
- Intel Core2 Quad 2.5Ghz or faster.
- Intel Celeron/Pentium Gxxxx 3Ghz or faster.
- Intel i3/i5/i7 Dual Core (1st Generation) 3Ghz of faster.
- Intel i3/i5/i7 Dual Core (Later Generation) Turbo Speed 2.5Ghz or faster.
- AMD Athlon Quad Core 3Ghz or faster.
- AMD AthlonII/Phenom/A6/A8/A10 Quad Core 2.5Ghz or faster.
Not known at this moment.
- PMS 0.9.17.x and above + Android: AC3 support, or use VLC for Android.